We are always looking for dedicated and experienced drivers. Please review the driver eligibility requirements below. If you would like to join our team or have questions about our business, please contact us.
Driver Eligibility Requirements
The following requirements listed below are the minimum requirements for all drivers employed or contracted by P & D Transportation Inc. and subject to the following:
- A minimum of 23 years of age.
- A minimum of 2 years of over-the-road verifiable experience in a similar type of vehicle to the vehicle he\she will be operating. 1 Year of over-the-road experience may be considered if safety record is good and MVR is good. This will also entail a 1 year probationary period with monthly MVR’s conducted each month
- Possession of a valid CDL with the proper endorsements for the vehicle he/she will be operating and the license must be issued by the drivers’ resident state. If the driver has just recently moved into the state, he/she must switch license within 30 days of moving.
- No record of a license suspension or revocation for more than 30 days during the 36 month period prior to the date of hire.
- Failure to appear, financial responsibility & non-moving violations, suspensions or revocations are excluded.
- No Record of convictions for the following violations:
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Refusal to take an implied consent test
- Violations of open container law in a commercial or personal vehicle
- Vehicular homicide or involuntary manslaughter
- Driving under suspension
- Hit/skip or leaving the scene of an accident
- Drag racing
- Assault with motor vehicle
- Reckless Operation / Careless endangerment
- Unauthorized use of a motor vehicle to commit a felony
- Fleeing and eluding a police officer
- Excessive Speed (16 mph or more above the posted speed limit)
- Any convictions of a crime relating to terrorism
- No more than (4) MOVING Violations in a motor vehicle within the 36 months period prior to the date of hire
- No more than (2) moving violations within the last 12 months
- No record of involvement in more than (2) at-fault accidents in a motor vehicle, in the previous 12 months prior to the date of hire.
- No record of involvement in (2) or mare at fault accidents, and more than (2) Moving violations during the 36 month period prior to the date of hire.
- No record of involvement in more than (1) at-fault accident and (3) moving violations in a motor vehicle in the 36 month period prior to the date of hire.
P&D Transportation Inc. also reserves the right to review all violations so that exceptions to the criteria can be made. These violations will be well documented if considered.